12.15.2008

safe haven

So I got a new student in class two weeks ago, and there were murmurings that he was the kid from Davis whose mom took to Nebraska and left at a hospital there because of the Safe Haven Act. I figured it was just a new kid at school trying to get some attention.

Then today, I get this email from another teacher at my school. Turns out, it is the same kid, and he got into a lot of trouble at his last school. Check this out:

http://cbs2.com/watercooler/nebraska.teen.returned.2.875120.html

Now I don't know if he really did all the things that his foster mom said (pulling a knife on her, being suspended for statutory rape, etc), but what I do know is that this kid is smart. Really smart. And he likes ELA. And he'll only be at my school another week, because he's getting put into a more permanent foster home. I don't know whether to be glad or disappointed.

No comments: