3.02.2009

home stretch

In 3 weeks, I'll have my Master's. I can't believe I'm almost done!!

On Saturday, I presented my research to my MA Committee at the UCD Symposium. I was really nervous on Friday (so nervous I made myself sick, actually) but surprisingly calm on Saturday morning. I was the last to present, but did a pretty good job. I covered all the things I wanted to cover, and had NO questions or recommendations from Pauline & Steve, which was a relief, to say the least. In fact, Steve told me that he knew the people who wrote one of my sources, and that he was going to mention my research to them the next time he saw them because my intervention was so rich & thorough. I was just like....seriously?!? So now I just have to fix any last minute revisions, print out a few copies, check margins & formatting (bleh), and then file on the 21st. Then I'm (somewhat) free!

In other news, Robbie & I picked up our wedding video yesterday from Jensen Wedding Films. It is - in a word - amazing. He did such a good job on the whole video, plus the "retrospective" (a 4 minute music video type thing). I can't stop watching it! I even love Robbie's & my awkward, embarrassing dancing, & I'm sure someday our kids will love to watch it & make fun of us! That's what parents are for, right - to be mocked?

1 comment:

Meg said...

Congratulations, Jessica! I'm proud of you!!