Good news - no pink slip for Jessica! Looks like I'll be employed for another year, at least.
On a more serious note, teachers across California were asked to wear pink today to support teachers who are being laid off and to protest the cuts made to education by the state budget. Almost all of the teachers at my school (except a few of the guys) wore pink today, and so did a lot of the students! Without being asked! It was really heartwarming - I was talking to a few of my 8th graders yesterday, and they said that they wanted to show their support, because they didn't think it was fair that schools were losing money and teachers. I just wish that people in charge would pay more attention to things like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Congratuations! I didn't get pink slipped either!
Post a Comment