Wow, it's been awhile.
A lot has happened in the past 2 months, the biggest thing being that we are now officially homeowners! Back in July, Robbie's cousin Jennifer was talking to Dave about how they were going to put their house on the market because they're building a new one. Dave told her we were looking for a house to buy, so we set up a time to go take a look and talk. Everything was perfect...the house was (& is) really nice, recently re-modeled, and right in our price range! And it was so nice and pain-free working with Jennifer & Don on all the things you have to do when buying/selling real estate. Robbie has also been great; we didn't use a real estate agent, so he did everything that one would normally do...setting up the loan and its terms with the bank, filling out and submitting contracts, picking a title company and closing escrow, and making about a million phone calls to get everything done in time for us to get the $8000 tax credit as first-time home buyers!
We won't move in for another month or so (Jennifer & Don's new house won't be finished until then, so they're paying our first house payment for us!), but we're busy packing up our stuff and getting everything ready. We're also enjoying shopping for furniture and home decor...we've found some great things! One thing I just bought today is this, which we're going to have spell out our last name.
In other news, Robbie & I are still busy with work/school. Things have finally settled down for me so I don't feel like I'm drowning; I feel like I've finally gotten my head above water! Robbie has his big QE (qualifying exam) coming up in December, so he'll be preparing for that in the upcoming weeks. He's nervous, but I know he'll do great!
Happy Halloween!! I promise we'll update more frequently...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment