Well, I've been back at work now for 2 weeks. On one hand, it's easy because this is my 3rd year teaching 7th & 8th grade, so I don't have to think too much about what I'm doing anymore. On the other hand, I also have to teach 6th grade this year, and even though one might not think that it would be that hard to learn curriculum & plan lessons for just one additional class, it definitely is. I am just exhausted at the end of the day, and I'm not the only one - all of our upper grade teachers are feeling the same. The past 2 weeks have felt like 2 months. I can only hope that it gets easier as the year progresses.
On a lighter note, Robbie & I had a busy summer vacation. It was hard to be here at my house without Sam, so we took lots of trips on the weekends when Robbie didn't have to work in Davis. After our trip to Jamaica in June, we went to Tahoe, Monterey, Napa (for our first anniversary), & Palo Alto for Megan & Brian's wedding. We also went back to Tahoe last weekend for the Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor Park, & it was so great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment