Well we are 2 weeks (& 1 day) away from the wedding, and I am finding myself incredibly stressed out. And what do I usually do when I'm stressed? I write. Thus, the creation of this blog. Pre-wedding, I'll use it to keep people updated on the wedding...and post-wedding, I'll use it to keep people updated on both Robbie & I. And I know that I'll most likely be the only one to update, so I'll keep it in the first person. I really don't like referring to myself in the third person, anyway. It's weird.
Anyway...today Robbie left for Tahoe for his bachelor party with his dad, best man & brother Davie, best man Ryan, & little brother Drew. They're going to golf & gamble & raft & I don't really want to know what else, if anything! I know that Robbie took his XBox & "Rock Band" (plus 2 guitars & drumset), so they'll probably also be playing that. This morning Robbie went out to the beautiful Mallard Lake Golf Course driving range (did you sense the sarcasm? I'm not sure if it came through...), because it's been awhile since he last golfed. Well, he ended up getting a huge blister on his right hand, which I'm sure will be great for 9 holes later today in Tahoe.
Next weekend is my bachelorette party in San Francisco. I'm excited for several reasons - I haven't been to San Francisco in a few years, we're going out for good food & drinks, I'll get to see my BF & maid of honor Lauren, AND we're going to Bliss Spa! To some, that might seem like a boring bachelorette party, but since I've never really been one for edible lingerie or penis-shaped cakes or raunchiness in general, it's perfect. And despite the fact that none of my bridesmaids will be there besides my 2 maids of honor, we're still going to have a lot of fun.
Last but not least - today I had to turn in our final guest count & payment to the caterer, so now everything for the wedding is officially paid for!! Well, it will be when I pay my credit card bill :) It's nice to feel some sort of closure for paying stuff off - at the end of the school year I was unbelievably stressed about getting all the payments taken care of. But thanks to great communication with my vendors (who are all awesome, by the way) & a visit to my savings account, everything's good. And a manicure/pedicure today to celebrate also helped relieve the tension!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment